You said yes! And after having time to enjoy being engaged maybe you're wondering what happens now? We're giving you a general outline of what to expect in the time before your big day!
First things first..
- Start to collect wedding inspiration. Pinterest is great for this! You can collect photos of dresses, shoes, suits, floral arrangements, color schemes, music playlists, and just about anything else you could need! The best part is you can share all of your ideas with your bridal party, a wedding planner, or your photographer! Make sure to follow Adrienne Jeanne Photography's account
- Plan your engagement party
- Figure out your budget with your fiancé and families. Make a plan for what you're willing to spend the most on versus what might not be as important
- Start to think about dates and venues. Will your ceremony and reception be at the same venue? Maybe call your possible venues to find out how early they take bookings
- Book a photographer for an engagement session. This is also a good time to book them for wedding photos since most photographers are booked at least a year in advance and often include an engagement session in the cost of booking wedding photos. An engagement session is a great time to get to know your photographer before the wedding and get comfortable in front of their camera
12-10 months before..
- Choose your bridal party
- Start a guest list and list of addresses
- Begin looking for/trying on dresses
- Plan ceremony and reception decor
- Find a florist and get ideas for bouquets and other arrangements
- Book a caterer if you need one
- Book a dj or band
- Set up a gift registry
- Find an officiant
9-7 months before..
- Order your gown and plan alterations
- Figure out any other accessories
- Find bridesmaids dresses and plan alterations
- Plan your honeymoon
- Finalize your guest list
- Find a cake artist for the wedding cake
6-4 months before..
- Order invitations
- Go in for a hair and/or makeup trial
- Make arrangements for any necessary rentals, limos. chairs, tables, linens, etc.
- Choose groom's and groomsmen's attire and plan alterations
- Send out save the date cards
3-2 months before..
- Book a hotel room for after the wedding if necessary
- Mail your invitations
- Finalize the menu
In the final 6 weeks..
- Purchase your wedding bands
- Confirm plans with your florist
- Finish any decor you're in charge of
- Get your marriage license
- Finalize a seating chart
- Confirm the day with all of your vendors, and make sure that on the wedding day you designate a friend or family member to handle giving them their checks
With all of this planning remember to set aside quality time together where "wedding talk" is off the table! And remember to have fun, the day is all about the two of you!